Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Home Again.

Okay, so a funny thing happened to me on Sunday morning. I had spent the week in Tucson, and an extra day in the Dallas airport, so I arrived in Santiago on Sunday. I remember a couple of years ago when I first returned to South America after my mission twenty-ish years prior I stepped off the plane and the smell of the air brought back so many memories. It was an exciting time, and felt very foreign indeed. Then, when I came back a couple of months ago it was another exciting time, yet totally different because I had the entire family and we were embarking on this adventure. Again, very foreign and new feeling.
So I landed on Sunday and got off the plane. And as I breathed in the first breaths of the Southern air, it felt, for the first time here, like home. It was not foreign anymore. I think it may have to do with the fact the this is where my family is. So, the moral of the story, at least for me, is: Home is Where the Family is.

No comments:

Post a Comment