Sunday, February 22, 2009

School

Well, my first week of the school was better than i thought it would be :) The weirdest thing is that there are so many different nationalities ! You can so many different languages in the hallway. Like, turkish, hebrew, german, italian, hindi, chinese, japenese, korean, portugese, spanish. Well, most people speak at least english and spanish! My spanish class is so hard though. ! First, there are on unit 5 and i am still on unit one and my teacher just expects me to know everyhting and second, spanish 3 in the united states is compared to spanish 1 here. it is so hard. Ihave surpassed all of my friends in texas ! We only have 4 classes a day and they are each a hour and a half! That was a hard adjustment. But, the great thing is that the passing periods are each 20 minutes. it's so nice ! One of the bad things is that most of the curriculum that i am learning in some of my classes i have already learned! Like in english, i have already read the book that we are studying, and in science i have done the labs they are doing. :/ oh well. Seminary starts tomorrow :/ yikes! at least it is in english. They have a seminary class for all of the gringos in my ward haha. I started basketball also ! I made varsity! actually you don't have to try out you are already on the team but still. We had to run the mile yesterday in under 7 minutes and 45 seconds. Only 4 people made it. Two seniors and two freshman. The one thing you do have to try out for is the sac tournament. It is a tounament where you go to a different country in south america. This year basketball is going to Uruguay. I want to go so bad. I can't wait for it. Well, i will post another time !

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment