Sunday, February 8, 2009

Umm......

The following is an excerpt from last week from my own blog, which you can access at www.beyondtheequator.blogspot.com if your interested. I will continue to post excerpts on this blog, but the "full version" is located on said website.

They took us straight to our hotel. It's pretty nice. We have 3 rooms. Lindsay and Carley share a bed in one room, same with los padres, then Hyrum and Luke share a bed in my room. i'm the only one who gets their own bed. But the boys are loud. Whatever. So much stuff is different, but it doesn't feel like I'm in a foreign country. Well, it does when someone tries to talk to me, but it doesn't when i'm alone. The outlets are all different. You have to have a power adapter for everything. My mom's hairdryer blew up this morning because of the different outlets. The light switches are different, and the toilet paper holder things are different too. It's weird.
So the first thing we did was go to the US Embassy to rent a car. The girls and I sat outside with Pepper and Sadie, the cat and dog, while dad went in. It's just a gated building. hmm...well, we got a minivan and went and dropped the pets off at this lady's house because the hotel doesn't allow pets. The house was very small. There are tons of stray dogs everywhere. Drivers are crazy. Motorcyclists will weave in and out of traffic and occasionally onto the sidewalks. Everybody honksand flips each other off. The roads are insanely crowded. There's this one street, where for the first half of the day, it's a one way one way, then the other half, it's a one way the other way. What happens at the moment it changes? Weird. lol Anyway, we drove around for a bit. We went to the grocery store. Money is so confusing. We had a bunch of empanadas for dinner. We went swimming too. The pool is on the top floor, the 17th. There's a beautiful view. I'm going to put pictures up on my myspace sooner or later. Today we went house hunting. Some of the houses we looked at were pretty nice. All of them have pools. Oh yeah, it's summer here. I'm on summer vacation. I don't start school for a couple weeks. haha I had to kiss my realtor on the cheek. It was weird. Evidently people in Chile talk Spanish the fastest and hardest to understand of any other Spanish speaking peoples. Great. It's so different from the Spanish you learn in school though. We went to a mall and ate at a resturaunt called Pasta Basta. I had raviolli. All the food is so different. I already miss American food. It's not gross, but it's so, foreign? idk It's just weird. I've been trying so many different things. After lunch we went back to the hotel. I slept. I do that a lot. lol We're three hours ahead of Texas. The speed limit signs are in kilometers, not miles. It's just a bunch of little things like that that make this place so confusing.
For dinner we went to an Argentine resturaunt called Don Carlos. My meal was about $10,000. In Chilean pesos, that is. lol My dad gave Linds, Carley and I some weird looking meat stuff to try. He wouldn't tell us what it was until we ate it. It was alright. Then he told us. Blood Sausages. No meat at all. Pretty much cooked blood. Nasty. We went to a park after dinner. There were a bunch of strays, including a big ol German Shepard. Then we came home. Tomorow is church. In Spanish. Great. Well, it's midnight, and church is early so imma go. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment